Acai is an indigenous berry commonly found in the rain forests of the Amazon. This antioxidant rich fruit has been heralded for centuries as a healing, immune-stimulating, energy boosting fruit. Research has shown that this anti-oxidant rich berry may be able to improve heart health, aid in digestion, reduce irritation, and improve cellular health.
The health benefits are numerous, but the acai berries’s best asset is its taste! I like to add frozen fruit and a pinch of cinnamon and turmeric for even more added health benefits!
Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think!
- 1 tablespoon organic Acai powder
- handful each: frozen organic blueberries, raspberries + tart cherries
- pinch of cinnamon + turmeric
- almond milk: adding more or less for consistency
- blend above and top with: raw coconut, pecans, walnuts + pinch of chia seeds
For more recipes and inspiration, take a look at Huffington Post’s recent article.